Silva, Celso, MD, MS
Celso Silva, M.D., M.S., is a board-certified reproductive endocrinologist. He currently serves as the medical director for Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay and is also an associate professor at the University of Central Florida. Dr. Silva completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Brown University School of Medicine/Women and Infants Hospital, and subspecialty fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. In addition, Dr. Silva completed post-graduate research training in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility at Brown University and a Master of Science degree in Translational Research at the University of South Florida.
Dr. Silva has published several peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts, book chapters and review articles in many leading scientific journals, and has been invited to present at national and international meetings. He is the recipient of multiple scientific and teaching awards, and is an active member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Society for Reproductive Surgeons. His interests include advanced assisted reproductive technologies, preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), the impact of aging on infertility and decreased ovarian reserve, and fertility preservation. His research has been supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Originally from Brazil, Dr. Silva is fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and is an avid Crossfit athlete. He loves the outdoors and reading. His approach to patient care is to be an attentive listener, empathizing with his patients’ situations, and providing support and honest guidance. He feels honored and privileged to be a part of his patients’ journey toward parenthood.
- Medical School: Jundiaí Medical School—São Paulo, Brazil
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brown University School of Medicine; Obstetrics and Gynecology, Santa Casa School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Master of Science: Translational Research, University of South Florida
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Florida Society of Reproductive Medicine (FSREI)—President (2017)
- President’s Presenter Award—Outstanding Research Award (2005)
- David H. Nichols, M.D. Award—Excellence in Pelvic Surgery (2003)
- Excellence in Teaching Award—Brown University (2003)
- São Paulo’s Santa Casa Hospital Award—Outstanding OB/GYN Resident (1994)
- Jaime Rodrigues Award—Jundiaí Medical School—Valedictorian (1991)
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Endocrine Society
- Florida Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Society for the Study of Reproduction
- Society for Reproductive Surgeons