|Job Status: Full Time
February 8, 2012
Women's Care Florida provides a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
OB/GYN ARNP responsibilities include providing comprehensive women’s health services including health promotion, contraception, routine gynecologic health care, routine obstetrics, and preventive health services screening. These services are to be provided in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act for Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. The position operates under physician directed protocols for all duties.
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues to provide comprehensive women’s health care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of disease growth and development, specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic acute healthcare issues.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient‚s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Administers patient prescriptions in accordance with education and management standards.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Performs minor medical procedures in accordance with education and supervision standards.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Act in emergency situations and provides cardiac life support in accordance with current certification standards.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Master of Science in Nursing from accredited school of nursing.
- Florida ARNP license required.
- Certifications – Any of the following:
- National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Nursing Specialties
- American Association of Colleges or Nursing Certification Program
- Women’s health certification or two years women’s health care ARNP experience, preferred.
- EMR experience – preferably with eClinicalWorks .
For consideration, please forward your resume to
Women’s Care Florida
Hollie Jacobs, Physician Recruiter
Central Business Office
5830 West Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
Phone: 813-286-0033 ext. 2063
Confidential Fax: 813-282-1907