The single best way to protect against the flu is to get vaccinated each year.
Immunization is recommended for:
- Children from 6 months through 18 years of age
- Anyone 50 years of age or older
- Pregnant women and women who will be pregnant during influenza season
- Anyone with long-term health problems
- Anyone living in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- Healthcare providers
- Anyone who lives with or cares for people at high risk for influenza-related complications.
- Anyone who wants to reduce the likelihood of becoming ill with influenza or spreading influenza to others.